220.127.116.11 Steps in Planning and Confirming Initial Programs
Planning ACAP programs is a bit like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. There are lots of people involved and multiple factors to consider. The following is the basic framework for putting together programs, including determining the program, securing presenters, engaging sponsors, and confirming fee payment. The entire process involves the Programming Team, Sponsorship Team, and Chapter Finance Team.
- With input from the Leadership Team, determine the six programs you prefer to offer for your initial months.
- Identify presenters for each.
- Send the Program Presenter packet, making sure you receive a signed Presenter Authorization Form from each speaker.
- Finalize speakers and schedule of first six programs.
- You may need to be patient. Coordinating six presenters’ schedules can be challenging!
- Complete the Program Submission Form for each program.
- Once on the site, you will need to use your chapter’s login information to access your chapter’s registration list. Your Chapter Coordinator has your chapter’s individual login information.
- Once completely in the Program Submission Form, look in the upper left corner and find the “My Events” and the “Add New” button to go to the Program Submission Form.
- After all six programs are finalized, share the schedule with the Sponsorship Team so they may secure program Sponsors for each program.
- Often, sponsors will want to sponsor programs that are aligned with their business, agency, or organization.
- Send the Sponsorship Packet.
- As sponsors are finalized (even if the sponsorship fee is not yet paid), the Sponsorship Team will go to the Program Submission Form (login information above) and register sponsors.
- The Finance Team will confirm receipt of sponsorship fee payment on the Program Submission Form.
- Once all program and sponsor information is complete, your programs will be added to the website, and a six-month schedule will be developed and printed so you may distribute it at your chapter launch, future programs, and in other places you deem appropriate.