ACAP Bergen County, NJ
Who We Are
ACAP Bergen County stands as an essential lifeline for adult-children navigating the intricacies of caring for their elderly loved ones. ACAP recognizes the unique challenges faced by adult children who are taking on the role of caregivers for their aging parents. With the county’s diverse and vibrant community, ACAP’s Bergen County chapter provides a supportive network that offers educational seminars, resources, support, and community connections tailored to the specific needs of caregivers in the area. Whether it’s understanding the local healthcare resources available, addressing legal considerations within New Jersey’s regulations, or ensuring effective financial planning for both the caregiver and the aging parent, ACAP Bergen County, rooted in the expertise of senior services professionals, serves as a valuable resource. By fostering a sense of community and shared experiences among local caregivers, ACAP contributes to the well-being of both the caregivers and their aging parents, enriching the fabric of Bergen County’s compassionate caregiving landscape.
Attend a Program
In September 2023, ACAP Bergen County NJ plans to offer its first program in-person on September 27th at 5:30pm.
Starting in October 2023, the programs will be offered on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Programs will begin at 5:30pm.
VFW Post 6699
6 Winslow Place
Paramus, NJ 07652
The following individual and organizational community leaders are involved with providing leadership for the Bergen County, NJ chapter:
- Mary Denio, Brightview Senior Living
- Denise Schwendeman, doTERRA Wellness Advocate
- Linda Chinman Pollock, Setting The Stage LLC
- Christine Sanchez, At Home With Van Dyk
- Lorraine Montalbano, Senior Real Estate Advocates
- Laura Huisking, Generations Counseling and Care LLC
- David Stamberg, Senior Care Authority
- Christine Corriston, Laurus Grant Writing & Evaluation Services
- Michele De Rogatis, Chefs on the Go NJ
- Christian Sees, Integrus Financial
- Barbara J. Freda, Arden Courts-ProMedica
- Michele Hausch, Tenafly Senior Center