ACAP Hickory/Foothills, NC
Who We Are
As the site of ACAP’s first community-based program, ACAP Hickory/Foothills began in 2012 as a result of community interest in the program offered to faculty and staff at a small university in Hickory, NC. For three years, ACAP Hickory/Foothills was the only ACAP chapter and served as a “laboratory” for ACAP’s growth. In 2015, ACAP Hickory/Foothills began offering an annual one-day annual conference. Until 2018, ACAP’s founder managed all details of the chapter and its programming, creating a Leadership Team at that time to conduct the monthly programs, organize the annual conference, and guide the chapter.
Attend a Program
Join us in person for our monthly programs! ACAP Hickory/Foothills generally meets on the
Second Thursday of the month at 5:30 PM at
Catawba County Library – Newton Main Branch
115 West C Street
Newton, NC 28658
*Our monthly programs may also broadcast LIVE on our Events page, Facebook, and YouTube channel.
Attendance to any of our monthly programs is, and always will be, absolutely FREE.
The following individual and organizational community leaders are involved with providing leadership for the Hickory chapter:
- Vince Bartlome, Retired
- Kelly Burgess, Kingston Residence of Hickory
- Mary Mitchell, Area Agency on Aging / Western Piedmont Council of Governments
- Julie Packer, Carolina Caring – Chapter Coordinator
- Patty Thompson, Redhawk Publications, Catawba Valley Community College
- Valerie Carpenter, Director, Non-profit
- Celeste Burt, RN, CEO Impower People, LLC
- Suzanne Cunningham, Reiki Therapist
- Meredith Carswell, The Carswell Team, RE/Max A-Team Realty
- Madelyn Burnside, Sorted Affair Home Organizing Service
- Erica Derr, Catawba County Library System