Caregiving from a distance provides unique challenges for adult-children and aging parents. This program presents strategies for helping keep your loved one engaged and safe, methods for researching resources in your parent’s home community, and suggestions for managing their needs and resources from a distance.
This ACAP program will assist participants in developing long-distance knowledge about and skills to:
1) Compile and manage parental records before an emergency occurs;
2) Recognize the signs of depression, neglect and/or abuse;
3) Put in place strategies for making home visits and long-distance contacts more productive;
4) Research and manage technology and other resources to enhance parents’ safety and engagement in their home community; and
5) Evaluate the need for new or changes in in-home, residential-care and/or community support services.
Presenters: Geriatric Care Managers – Brenda Planes (owner of Elder & Wiser), and Jennifer Harriss (owner of Age Advocate).