ACAP Hickory, NC
Who We Are
As the site of ACAP’s first community-based program, ACAP Hickory began in 2012 as a result of community interest in the program offered to faculty and staff at a small university in Hickory, NC. For three years, ACAP Hickory was the only ACAP chapter and served as a “laboratory” for ACAP’s growth. In 2015, ACAP Hickory began offering an annual one-day annual conference. Until 2018, ACAP’s founder managed all details of the chapter and its programming, creating a Leadership Team at that time to conduct the monthly programs, organize the annual conference, and guide the chapter.
The following individual and organizational community leaders are involved with providing leadership for the Hickory chapter:
- Vince Bartlome, Retired – Chapter Coordinator
- Kelly Burgess, Kingston Residence of Hickory
- Tamara Faulkner, Retired
- Mary Mitchell, Area Agency on Aging / Western Piedmont Council of Governments
- Dianne Nichols, Retired
- Julie Packer, Carolina Caring
- Patty Thompson, Redhawk Publications, Catawba Valley Community College
- Valerie Carpenter, Director, Non-profit
Join Our Email List
Sign up for emails from ACAP Hickory and be among the first to know about upcoming events in your area! You may also use this contact form to get in touch with other questions or requests.