Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia sometimes present symptoms (behaviors) that can be difficult to manage. Join host Frances Hall as she talks with Ms. Mary Ann Drummond and Ms. Janie Benton about journeying with a loved one with Alzheimer’s, Lewy-Body or one of the hundreds of other forms of dementia. Learn specific strategies for managing the sometimes-difficult symptoms often associated with diseases, exciting new treatments for the conditions, and ways caregivers may take care of themselves. With training and background as registered nurses, Ms. Drummond and Ms. Benton have years of experience working with patients who have dementia as well as helping families better understand how to care for their loved ones. Ms. Drummond is Vice President of Operations at Carillon Assisted Living, an Alzheimer’s educator and author. Ms. Benton is the director of clinical services with Carillon Assisted Living and an Alzheimer’s educator. (Podcast supports ACAPcommunity Module 3, Program 2)
- Article: Caught in the middle: Today’s older adults are caring for adult children and aging parents
- Article: Fast-Forward: Take Control of the Rest of Your Life
- Article: The crisis affecting employees that they’re too afraid to speak up about
- Article: Startups at CES showed how tech can help elderly people and their caregivers
- Article: Can Care Robots Improve Quality Of Life As We Age?