In this episode, Jane and Frances chat with Annette Crombie, a nurse educator with expertise in gerontology and a fellow adult-child caregiver. They discuss common health and medical issues adult child caregivers should be aware of when interacting with their parents, strategies for conducting reliable Internet research on medical issues, strategies for monitoring medication, and suggestions for balancing advocacy and caregiving roles as parents age.
- Article: Caught in the middle: Today’s older adults are caring for adult children and aging parents
- Article: Fast-Forward: Take Control of the Rest of Your Life
- Article: The crisis affecting employees that they’re too afraid to speak up about
- Article: Startups at CES showed how tech can help elderly people and their caregivers
- Article: Can Care Robots Improve Quality Of Life As We Age?