In “The Caregiver Community”, hosted by Jane Everson and Frances Hall, we are holding conversations about the challenges and joys of caring for our aging parents and for ourselves. In this session, Jane and Frances talk about the “graying of America’ and “the silver tsunami” and how our nation’s changing demographics are impacting families, adult child caregivers, and businesses. We also talk about our our personal experiences as adult child caregivers – what we need to know in order to be balanced and informed caregivers, what we are learning from our journey with our parents about aging and about ourselves, and advice we wish someone had told us when we began our journeys. If you are juggling the needs of spouses, children, step-children, pets, work, volunteer activities with the needs of parents and in-laws, this show is for you!
- Article: Caught in the middle: Today’s older adults are caring for adult children and aging parents
- Article: Fast-Forward: Take Control of the Rest of Your Life
- Article: The crisis affecting employees that they’re too afraid to speak up about
- Article: Startups at CES showed how tech can help elderly people and their caregivers
- Article: Can Care Robots Improve Quality Of Life As We Age?