Since 2013, ACAP Hickory has surveyed participants each year to learn more about who they are, their caregiving situation and their needs related to caregiving and ACAP programs. The 2015 survey has just been compiled. Clearly, ACAP is having significant impact!
- 100% of the respondents tell us they have learned new information from attending an ACAP program.
- 90% of the respondents feel more confident, 77% feel less anxious, and 74% feel more balanced at work and/or at home. Interestingly, people who have attended ACAP-Hickory five or more times report feeling more confident, less anxious, and more balanced at home and at work than do participants who have attended fewer programs.
- 84% agree that they have learned about new resources and/or new caregiving skills.
- 64% said they felt they were doing a better job of balancing work life with home responsibilities after attending ACAP.
- Of particular note is the increase in participants who indicate that their reason for attending ACAP-Hickory programs is to learn strategies for their own healthy aging as well as to learn how to better provide caregiving support for family members. In 2013, 10% of the ACAP-Hickory attendees indicated concern about preparing for their own aging. In 2015, that percentage grew to 24%!
Here are some testimonials from current and past ACAPcommunity event attendees…